5 Tips To Help You Start Playing Guitar
At some point in most peoples lives they dream about playing guitar. Maybe you did when you were younger and probably still do if you’re reading this. Maybe you want to be like your hard-rocking heroes whose music moved your soul and made you astonished at their prowess.
Well, you’re just one step away from realizing your dream. You will discover the magic and fun of playing guitar. You will be able to
· Jam with your friends (and get them to think you’re that much cooler)
· Gain the respect of other musicians (again, pretty cool)
· Gain the respect of people who can’t play the guitar (they will all think you’re cool)
· Entertain new friends (great way to connect and make lasting memories)
· Maybe even meet your future spouse, I’ve seen it happen more than once
Have you ever wanted to be able to just pick up a guitar at a party or maybe when you were on holidays with your friends and meeting new people? How about perform in a band or write your own music? When you learn how to play guitar then all the benefits above and so much more will be available at your fingertips.
Here are some tips to help you start playing guitar.
1. Get A Dedicated And Professional Guitar Teacher. There is no substitute for proper guidance and support. The fastest way to learn is by getting someone who knows how to get you to your goals and will lead you right to them. Trying to learn on your own will be a long and very frustrating road.
2. Practicing 20-30 minutes a day. This is very important. You want to be practicing continually so that it becomes a habit. Make sure your teacher helps you know what to practice.
3. Playing along with songs that you like. Playing to your favorite songs is exciting. It will also help you to see how different aspects of learning guitar work together.
4. Play with other guitar players. This will encourage and motivate you to learn to play faster. Every time you play with someone you will pick up something new. It will also challenge you to play in time and listen to not only what you are doing, but what the other musicians are doing.
5. Stick with It. Do not give up after a couple of weeks or months, or at all. Don’t let your guitar gather dust. Following the previous tips will help you to stick with it. You will be so glad you did!
Only you can realize your dream, no one else will do it for you. If you do nothing, you get nothing! Take action now. Start playing guitar and you will be rewarded and reap the benefits for the rest of your life.